Falling, Falling…

Cross-posting from FakeHair!

I have full head o’ locks already, so there is absolutely NO reason to put falls in, unless I really don’t feel the need to fit through most doorways, but I got some anyways. My dear friend Shannon has been by DreadDresser for years and is currently working out of her home in Oakland for all you BayArea freaks who need efficient, inexpensive Hair Police-style work on your nappies.

I’m leaving the country for a while and commissioned Shaz to make me a pair of synth falls that totally rock & roll. If anybody feels the urge to embellish, go ahead and give her a shout at shaz@transistor6.com. Mine were $150 for two huge pony falls, with purple and black blends (and spirals) mixed with brown and black to match my current dreadlocks.

Boo!

Before!
Before!
After!
After!
The Ass End
The Ass End

13 Responses to “Falling, Falling…”

1. gingiber Says:
    August 7th, 2003 at 5:16 am

Wow massive hair. I love it. I am very jelous 🙂
    Does it make your head hurt?

2. inkbot Says:
    August 7th, 2003 at 9:27 am

Don't leave until after 8/22, so you can see my new head of ridiculously unnecessary big hair! That's right, change your flight, your school plans, and your not fitting in doorway plans, etc. It's ALL about the ponytail possibilities!
    Hopy my *dreadfall* hairdo looks as positively fantastic as yours does! 🙂

August 8th, 2003 at 6:29 pm

Darling, I'm leaving the day AFTER you get your hair, so unless you're driving me to the airport, our heads-a-massive, it aint gonna happen. Think our noggins'll make it through security? Perhaps we might have diminutive members of Al Queda hiding in our locks…
    And undoubtedly yours will be astounding, as you already are. At the least, mail me pictures! Or, alternately, you could come to Scotland and visit; show me in person…

4. inkbot Says:
    August 8th, 2003 at 7:44 pm

well, do ya have a ride to the airport?

August 8th, 2003 at 8:12 pm

I do…I do. But maybe we (Ev, Fonta, Halsted, and yourself) could grab some breakfast before I head off?

6. inkbot Says:
    August 8th, 2003 at 8:22 pm

that was like the ventriloquist's virtual wedding there for a sec! 😉
    oobleck would be lovely. what time's yer flight?

August 7th, 2003 at 10:05 am

hahaha! i saw your post on the fakehair comm. you have been assimilated!
    i was attempting making dread falls a few weekends ago. they are hard and labor intensive but i cannot wait till they're done. tho you may be gone by the the time i'm done with them. oh well.

8. divineseduction Says:
    August 10th, 2003 at 2:13 pm

Boo.
    (it's Jenn-who-used-to-live-in-San-Rafael-but-is-now-back-in-Reno-who-you-know-from-faire-from-years-and-years-ago…)

August 10th, 2003 at 11:06 pm

Oof! Hi there! Long time…

10. divineseduction Says:
    August 17th, 2003 at 1:06 pm

How is? Other than imminently (or already) leaving for Places Far Away Across The Water.

August 18th, 2003 at 12:02 pm

Not there yet, but on the way soon! Things are well, hectic, procrastinatory, beautiful, boxed-up, and generally right where they should be.
    And what of you? Things okay in Reno?

12. dr_beep Says:
    August 11th, 2003 at 10:36 am

Jebus! that's some serious hair going on there!

13. cygnoir Says:
    August 19th, 2003 at 5:44 pm

The spirals are my favorite. 'Cause they're purple and all. Purty, purty dreadknots!