SettingUp, SettlingIn.

Had a marvelous night at The Cloisters with the gang, including gingiber and buca. Cheers to them for making me feel so at home. The pub’s within a stone’s throw of my flat, which is very good. Seems that there’s something going every night this week, be it pub, club, or party. That can’t be a bad thing, can it? Might as well get it in before the drudgery starts in a couple of weeks. And I’ve figured out that I can’t *really* drink more over here. It was just an illusion, though it’s always nice to push the fold…

Have a lot in common with buca; good to see ‘im again after so long. You just know when you happen upon people who are going to stay in your life for a good while, and these folks are certainly of that quality. I was told about a local watering hole that is fairly home-like; seems that not only are the proprietors fans of pugilism, I might also be able to catch some big fights on a massive satellite television. Not so bad, a week into it, eh? Checking it out this Thursday, leaving the gloves at home. 🙂

Still awaiting my own Internet connection, so the posts shall be more elaborate and have pics of the new flat pretty soon. Thankfully, Seth and Lara have been letting me leech off theirs until I’m up and running. Look to see me up around weeks’ end or early next week, at the latest. iSight arrives this weekend, and all is well. Then I’ll be invading your homes at all hours…

Happy birthday to my flatmate pisica!

Furniture slowly building, shelves becoming stocked. I’ve always enjoyed being a Host. I love having friends over, throwing parties and gatherings, and cultivating a comfortable environment in which to entertain people and make them feel good. Needless to say, the faculties for doing such things over here are scant, but I wish to do my best. Money is tight, and I have to remember that this year is about living like a student, which I’ve never done. But it’s surely just one of the lessons I will face on my outing.

10 Responses to “SettingUp, SettlingIn.”

September 17th, 2003 at 8:37 am

fans of pugilism…oh no, not here…
    the lil one is not sparring and loves it. i'll have to post a photo of her in full gear. she loves it.
    love your posts… cannot wait to see the photos of the place.

September 19th, 2003 at 6:24 am

Re: fans of pugilism…oh no, not here…
    More comin' up.
    Is Raven going to give me a whuppin' when I come home?

September 17th, 2003 at 10:38 am

So this pub with a massive satellite TV system … do you think they will show any American football games?

September 19th, 2003 at 6:25 am

Called The Brass Monkey, on Drummond St.
    Great place. Nice owner. You might want to go by and ask him. Make sure to throw down for a few pints… 😉

5. inkbot Says:
    September 17th, 2003 at 11:26 am

"The pub’s within a stone’s throw of my flat"
    >>…oh, just go ahead and come clean. you live IN THE PUB, don't you?! 😉
    "And I’ve figured out that I can’t *really* drink more over here."
    >>i love this logic. i felt the same way when i was there. "I'm Scottish! I'm in Scotland! I should be able to drink MORE." um, no… no instant alcohol tolerance increase. damn good-for-nothin' genes! i don't even have a castle! ha ha.
    can't wait to hear more, more, more! i've added bbcnews to my friends list. they've taken over a bit, but i have to say it makes me feel like i have a skosh more info about your surroundings and daily life. not that your posts aren't perfect!
    charbot
    p.s. this photo of me taking a photo was taken on the flying scotsman!

September 19th, 2003 at 6:27 am

Yup, baby. You figured me out. I mean, why go home, really?
    Regarding my alcohol tolerance, however, my friends out here have promised to remedy the issue. Rather quickly, actually.
    You're sweet to keep reading. Now when are you and the gang coming oot?

7. inkbot Says:
    September 19th, 2003 at 11:35 am

k, just make sure you don't lose your locks out at some loch some night because, you know, it's funny to cut people's hair when you're–and they're–drunk. 🙂
    oh, my desire to visit has never been greater. i'm afraid it's the kitty and the money just now… a visit must be had, though, so i expect the universe to get going on a solution.

8. inkbot Says:
    September 19th, 2003 at 11:36 am

i see you wasted no time in changing your lj location to edinburgh, scotland, you lucky braggart!

September 22nd, 2003 at 5:43 am

No time at all.
    Wouldn't you?

10. inkbot Says:
    September 22nd, 2003 at 10:31 am

god yes. i think i'm going to lie and change it anyway… tee hee.