Jack Frost is a Bastard.

Well, it’s officially the end of autumn over here.

The biting chill is now in the air, penetrating every feeble layer that you foolishly attempt to use to stave it off. I SKIED across the Links tonight, on the way to tea and cake and games at S&L’s. With no SKIS.

Crispy, glittering frost caked the shorn grass like wrinkly skin on a massive pot of Cream of Mushroom soup. For a wee Californian who hasn’t seen the *real* cold in so long, it’s a boon…for the first few weeks, at least. Reminds me of the negative-temperature days of my childhood in Detroit. And I welcome it, until I can’t handle it anymore. For now, I’ll just continue to bundle up and look forward to the ever-encroaching permafrost days and endless cups of sweet-hot tea nights. Teeth-a-chattering, I’ll think of all my friends back home and extend a hearty invitation for them to come out and hold me and keep me warm! And also, I’ll think of my dental bill.

7 Responses to “Jack Frost is a Bastard.”

November 23rd, 2003 at 7:43 pm

PURRfectly warm
    I miss being the only one who could keep you warm…
    Your faithful, furry feline Torgi 🙂

November 25th, 2003 at 5:52 am

Re: PURRfectly warm
    Oh, my splendid little man. How I miss you so.
    How glad I am that a loving, wonderful woman like your Auntie Carrie is giving you lots of love, and play, and vestigial thumbs so you might type me a message.
    Remember to clean your little poop chute when you get the chance. And then give Carrie a biiiiiiig wet kiss.

3. mxhaunted Says:
    November 24th, 2003 at 3:16 am

This weather is superb! I can’t wait for the temperature to drop even more! Just wait until your knees feel cold! Then you know you’re alive!
    Yes… I may possibly be mad.
    MX

4. fraulein_doktor Says:
    November 24th, 2003 at 4:44 am

The cold season…mhmmm…
    The important bit of it all is that the chill is only "outside" and not "inside" you. 😉
    Hugs to keep you warm

November 25th, 2003 at 5:58 am

Indeed!
    But inside, I am all thorny, and drippy, and gooey.
    I think I'd rather be chilled. 🙂

November 24th, 2003 at 1:12 pm

I'm off to your aforementioned Detroit tomorrow! Having never encountered a late autumn/early winter Michigan, I am packing all the clothes I own in a vain attempt to stay warm. I'll give your regards to the Mid-North-East. And I'll be thinking of you. 🙂
    -Colleen

November 25th, 2003 at 5:55 am

Yay! You're gonna love it, for difference's sake, if nothing else.
    Bundle up, dear. We need you unfrozen for our evil schemes.
    If you were a Colleen-cicle, what flavor would you be?