Page 1,567,356…or so it seems.

Okay. A *huge* mug of piping hot tea, a four-in-the-morning night of study before, early rise today, and a chapter to write on the siege of Carlisle, and subsequent occupation of Manchester, just ahead.

No time for the important things, like communication and friendships…please forgive me while I worship the pagan gods of the Master’s degree.

More soon.

22 Responses to “Page 1,567,356…or so it seems.”

1. pisica Says:
    March 1st, 2004 at 9:03 pm

Oh you lucky creature…the pagan gods of the MSc demand nothing like the blood sacrifice of the feared demons of the Doctorate….
    (We have main course, side dish, and dessert set for tonight – I'm still worried about having enough food [I'm Jewish!!!] so if you or Spiff can grab a loaf of something that would be super. Oh, wait, we'll also have steamed broccoli if it hasn't gone bad before I get home….)

2. spiffington Says:
    March 1st, 2004 at 9:10 pm

Um, a request? If you don't mind?
    LOADS of veggies, I need 'em and less carbs (oh far too many recently), so I'll eat the broccli off or otherwise, well within reason.
    Ta 🙂
    I have some grapes and dried sliced banana, mmmmmmmmmmm, that is really good believe it or not!
    Oh yeah and breaddy-goodness I'm sure we shall find

3. pisica Says:
    March 1st, 2004 at 11:10 pm

Well, I don't know exactly what veggie side dish is going to be brought, so right now it's only the broccoli confirmed – but if you want to bring some raw veggies over we can steam 'em all together in the same pot! Instead of bread, even – that's just my standard 'in case we run out of food we may feast upon bread' option….

March 1st, 2004 at 11:13 pm

*dfnedgfkrry…veggies…dgsdgwrgpwr…steam 'em…fbgfgmmmbhetphmopthjs…Edinburgh*

5. pisica Says:
    March 1st, 2004 at 11:16 pm

Are you this eloquent in your paper??? 🙂

6. spiffington Says:
    March 2nd, 2004 at 1:14 am

Rightio,
    Carrots and stuff then. I'll grab 'em from the universal man over the road from you before ascending into foody-yumminess…

7. spiffington Says:
    March 1st, 2004 at 9:16 pm

Soz about that being totally unrelated to your post there, it is important kinda though. I mean it IS food related 😉
    As for working hard and tea, don't have (or do) too much. I don't want to find you puddle-esque tonight! Or indeed a smouldering lump having given yourself up totally to the pagan gods of master's fire, where the degree of the jacobite reaction is too high to handle…

March 1st, 2004 at 9:22 pm

*blehumforthfssfvr…food…geghiwdnrh…broccoli…gnqwitntw…Jewish..bgnqeforhz…charles*

9. defenestr8r Says:
    March 2nd, 2004 at 12:17 am

i'm not at all sure how a post about your workload became a discussion group about dinner, but that's life.
    mostly i just wanted to tell you i relate to the sleep deprivation and writing pressure.
    do you have solid plans for next year? are you there for the long haul?
    xoxo

March 2nd, 2004 at 12:31 am

Hi, sweetums. Good to see you.
    Glad I have a comrade-in-arms, or at least -in-pen. I love your icon, by the bye.
    I'm returning to SF at the end of this year, directly after my degree gets handed over. It will be extremely difficult to leave, but I have every intention of coming back after a few years…have some stuff to take care of back home, first. But how could I give up this place?
    Tell me about you…we ever gonna see you again?

11. defenestr8r Says:
    March 2nd, 2004 at 12:38 am

i believe the icon is thanks to you. 🙂
    will you continue in school in SF?
    i am counting the months til i get out of new orleans. school is good and good for me, but i don't like the rest of it much. i will be done may 2005 and hopefully going on for my phd back in civilization.
    i am sure we will manage to cross paths again someday soon(ish). i just don't know any definite plans yet. meanwhile, it's very nice to get lifesigns through livejournal.
    xoxo

12. spiffington Says:
    March 2nd, 2004 at 1:19 am

Hi,
    sorry for butting in here…
    > i'm not at all sure how a post about your workload became a
    > discussion group about dinner, but that's life.
    Because if we didn't feed him from time to time we might have another rebellion on our hands (and this time it might not be quite so unsuccessful in the long run!) 😉
    As for sleep dep. because of school, yup I'm there too. Nice to know there's more of us out there doing much the same

13. blu_matt Says:
    March 2nd, 2004 at 3:06 am

"Bloody students…"
    *smirk*
    /me runs away, giggling like a girly

14. spiffington Says:
    March 2nd, 2004 at 3:39 am

Heeeee,
    many people have mistook you for one too 😉

15. blu_matt Says:
    March 2nd, 2004 at 4:34 am

As one anonymous git did on Saturday, mistaking me, El Beardo, <lj user="buca"> and one of Mat's friends (who I don't recall being intoduced to) for computer science students!
    The weird thing was that not one of us was a) a current student, or b) was ever a CS student. Unlucky for him, as he'd bet his mates; he was a psychology student and reckoned on being able to tell what we were.
    Muppet…

16. velvetdahlia Says:
    March 2nd, 2004 at 11:15 am

Hey there– OK, this has nothing to do with the discussion at hand, but where are you guys getting your uber-cute userpics? I've noticed many people on my friends list have them.
    Yours is especially fab. Very Tank Girl.
    I'm a sucker for a meme, you know.

17. defenestr8r Says:
    March 2nd, 2004 at 11:22 am

heh. the funny part is it is as close to looking like me as a cartoon could be.
    it only likes certain browsers though :S
    i had to use explorer instead of safari and even then the "email" function didn't work so i had to do a screen grab to get it.

March 2nd, 2004 at 8:18 pm

Heh. If somebody *read my journal* she would have seen the selfsame link that was just repeated for your convenience! 🙂
    Can't WAIT to see yours…

19. velvetdahlia Says:
    March 3rd, 2004 at 2:48 am

Hehe! Dood– you are so high maintenance. From here on out I promise to be more thorough before any queries. *snaps a claw at you friendly-like*
    thanks for the link!

March 3rd, 2004 at 5:22 am

I know…I've been told that so very often.
    Thanks for putting up with me. 🙂

21. velvetdahlia Says:
    March 4th, 2004 at 3:21 am

Really, it's no trouble at all!

March 4th, 2004 at 3:26 am

Now THAT is a perfect icon. 'Specially love the little pink bit…