Panes.

Sometimes even the most chaotic times can offer a window to serenity.

It’s the realization of everything you are, and everything you’ve done, and what you hope to do. The excitement that comes from the unknown, and the pride in what’s come before – the things that you know so well.

It’s acceptance of the Now, and making it your own, despite the Good or the Bad, and anything in between.

Knowing that you’ve led a good life, and wanting to see where it goes.

Sometimes even the most chaotic times can offer a reminder of who we are.

A window…without the pains.

21 Responses to “Panes.”

1. sleepycinderell Says:
    March 4th, 2004 at 11:13 pm

*With a clear gaze reflect serenely on reality*
    Mo
    x

2. divineseduction Says:
    March 5th, 2004 at 2:58 am

I just bought that CD last night, but I forgot to bring it with me to work. I am eagerly awaiting the end of the day, so I can listen to it. 🙂

March 5th, 2004 at 3:00 am

Um, what CD is that?

4. divineseduction Says:
    March 5th, 2004 at 3:09 am

Uhm, the Lisa Gerrard one the post said you were listening to?
    (I remember that picture! Hee hee.)

March 5th, 2004 at 3:11 am

Oh, duh. I'm an eedjit.

6. avalokita Says:
    March 5th, 2004 at 4:00 am

You are such an awesome writer/thinker. Wish I could transplant your talent and introspect into my life.

March 5th, 2004 at 4:47 am

You're such a dear for saying that. Thank you.
    You have the same 'talent and introspect' as I, otherwise you wouldn't be 'getting it' in the way you do.
    And you don't need to transplant it because you keep reading, and we keep communicating.

8. avalokita Says:
    March 5th, 2004 at 5:38 am

I envy your girlfriend. She is one lucky woman.

March 5th, 2004 at 9:49 am

Don't have one.
    But I'd like to think she would be, and that I would be the same…

10. viscera Says:
    March 5th, 2004 at 4:47 am

Sometimes even the most chaotic times can offer a reminder of who we are
    I find it's the truly chaotic times that bring the true elements of someone to the fore, strips the trappings and leaves the essential.
    Something to revel in 🙂
    Hello, by the way… had a peek around and added you.

March 5th, 2004 at 4:52 am

Well said, and hello to you, as well!
    Trappings can be nice, but you're right – the essential is what's important. Easy to forget amidst all the shite sometimes, eh? I love that calm in the eye of the storm…that realization that there's no holding in the winds.
    For a Taurus, it's the hardest lesson imaginable. 🙂

12. viscera Says:
    March 5th, 2004 at 5:00 am

Don't get me wrong though – I love the shallowness of asthetics, the dandified flippancy and fripperies.
    A nice medium would be fantastic – if you can get it 🙂

March 5th, 2004 at 5:04 am

Oh, I'm with you, sister.
    Gimme STUFF, and all the time!
    Furry, velvety, good-smelling STUFF!

14. viscera Says:
    March 5th, 2004 at 5:07 am

'Stuff' goes so well with 'things', i've found. And tea. And possibly silly feathered hats. Oh sod it, it goes with everything really 😛

March 5th, 2004 at 5:12 am

*laughing my arse off*
    Totally.
    I love silly, feathered hats…

16. viscera Says:
    March 5th, 2004 at 5:18 am

How about flowery hats?

March 5th, 2004 at 9:47 am

Oddly enough, that turns me on.

18. viscera Says:
    March 5th, 2004 at 3:07 pm

There's a certain je ne sais quoi about a firm young sea sponge, i'll admit, but it's this that really gets me going 😛

March 6th, 2004 at 2:10 am

*bursts my entrails laughing*

20. podle Says:
    March 5th, 2004 at 6:47 am

I knew you were a martial artist at heart
    This is the feeling I used to get during good training. That moment where you can feel everything that you are inside you at the same time as realizing that you are nothing – and that you are empty concurrent with being full of heartbreak and heartease and a million thoughts and experiences.
    This is the internal sensation the Heart Sutra always reminds me of.."form is no other than emptiness, emptiness no other than form . . . no anguish, cause of anguish, cessation, path; no wisdom and no attainment. Since there is nothing to attain . . ."

March 6th, 2004 at 2:23 am

Re: I knew you were a martial artist at heart
    Funny, that. I never equated this feeling with the Buddhistic elimination of self and how it pertains to eastern martial arts. I can't really do that with pugilism in the same way because it requires you to be so 'present', but I see how it connects to other forms.
    …you are empty concurrent with being full of heartbreak and heartease and a million thoughts and experiences.
    I do love this description so. Thanks for delineating it into a clear terminology.