Ghosts.

Just a brief note to say I’m headed off to the battlefield of Culloden for a week to do some conservation work for the NTS, survey the field and preserve its countenance, and seek out burial cairns and standing stones in the Nairn valley late at night…

More info on the site here and the context of the rehabilitation work is here.

My best to all and we’ll be back in touch after 24 April. I’ll have my Mac with me, so I might nip into a café and check mail and the like…

13 Responses to “Ghosts.”

1. mxhaunted Says:
    April 16th, 2004 at 1:43 am

Ohhhhh… Sounds interesting… and hard work. Have fun and don’t ware yourself out too much. Need enough of you left for the sleep over. 😛
    Look out for anything spooky for me? See you soon
    MX

2. fraulein_doktor Says:
    April 16th, 2004 at 2:00 am

Mmmhh.. the sleep over..Beware!!! ah ah ah(evil laugh)

3. spiffington Says:

joooooiiiiiiiiiiin uuuuuuuuuuuuusssssss!

April 24th, 2004 at 6:57 am

See what you've done?
    Look ashamed!

8. fraulein_doktor Says:
    April 16th, 2004 at 2:01 am

Take good care of yourself!Keep warm and have fun.
    I shall see you soon.
    Hugs

9. dougygyro Says:
    April 16th, 2004 at 2:40 am

Oooh, being at Drumossie for the anniversary… (so jealous!) Okay, once I get to Edinburgh, you're going to introduce me to some of these people, right?
    Am I weird for always having 17th April in my calendar?

April 24th, 2004 at 7:02 am

Am I weird for always having 17th April in my calendar?
    Yes, you are…especially because the battle was on the 16th.
    That's why you're the archaeologist and I'm the historian.
    But really, I want to take a quick moment to tell you how proud I am that you're on your way and kicking ass after a rough start. If I could have chosen another profession, I'd be following you into the trenches, my brother. And I have some great stories about the past week that will surely float your boat; and I can't wait to hear about your course in more detail…

11. dougygyro Says:
    April 24th, 2004 at 10:01 am

D'OH!! I knew that… and it actually is labeled correctly on my calendar.
    That's why I'm a blonde, really.
    Heh, thanks. I'm not sure whose ass will get kicked this semester… I haven't delved into my sources very much this semester, and finals are looming nigh. I have only two papers this semester, as opposed to the four from last semester, so it shouldn't be too painful.
    But thanks for the words of confidence!!

12. podle Says:
    April 16th, 2004 at 4:05 am

Holy smokes what a great experience to get to have! I can't wait to hear stories about it when you return. Hope its a good trip…

13. blu_matt Says:
    April 16th, 2004 at 7:27 pm

Have thee a good 'un! See you when you return to (almost) civilisation!