Loose Ends.

Just for fun, and for no other reason than sheer self-inflicted punishment, I put together a genealogical chart of the indefatigable Jacobite Old Lady Nairne, to help me better understand the labyrinth of relationships that characterises the 18th century here in Scotland.

I used one source, which was a simple article by the eminent (and sadly, now worm-infested) Walter Biggar Blaikie, entitled ‘Perthshire in the Forty-Five’ and included in the Marchioness of Tullibardine’s 1908 summer hit, A Military History of Perthshire, 1160-1902.

There’s some guesswork involved, and it doesn’t even include the Atholl grandchildren or any illegitimate progeny along the way – surely there was a handful.

NairneLine

And a few other things, besides…

Nihilist Bear
Nihilist Bear

Which Dysfunctional Care Bear Are You?

funkyplaid may explode without warning
M
EXPLOSIVE

Username:

And yes, Radio Perfidy has been once again updated.

20 Responses to “Loose Ends.”

June 1st, 2004 at 10:04 pm

<table border=5 bordercolor=#66cccc cellspacing=0 cellpadding=12 width=300px><tr>
    <td bgcolor=white align=center><font style='font-family: webdings; font-size: 42pt; color: black;'>"</font><font style='font-family: Arial; font-size: 32pt; color: black;'>ACHTUNG</font><font style='font-family: webdings; font-size: 42pt; color: black;'>!</font></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td bgcolor='#66cccc' align=center><font style='font-family: Arial; font-size: 16pt; color: black;'>angledge may actually be a spider-human hybrid</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

<form method="POST" action="http://www.go-quiz.com/warning-label/warning-label.php">Username:
    <input name="uname">
    <input type=submit value="Get your warning label">
    </form>
    From Go-Quiz.com

June 1st, 2004 at 11:22 pm

We all knew this. Seriously.

3. pisica Says:
    June 1st, 2004 at 11:05 pm

and for no other reason than sheer self-inflicted punishment
    Um, dissertation avoidance, helloooooooo??? 🙂

4. seolta Says:
    June 1st, 2004 at 11:06 pm

LOL – good call *grin*

June 1st, 2004 at 11:21 pm

Okay, ye of so little faith.
    Don't you think this goes into the 'Thematic Enrichment' category?
    Geesh!

6. seolta Says:
    June 1st, 2004 at 11:07 pm

>:/
    <table border=5 bordercolor=red cellspacing=0 cellpadding=12 width=300px><tr>
    <td bgcolor=yellow align=center><font style='font-family: Arial; font-size: 16pt; color: black;'>THIS WAY UP</font><font style='font-family: wingdings; font-size: 42pt; color: black;'>á</font></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td bgcolor=red align=center><font style='font-family: Arial; font-size: 16pt; color: white;'>seolta has fragile contents which may break!</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

<input name="uname">
    <input type=submit value="Get your warning label">
    </form>
    From Go-Quiz.com

June 1st, 2004 at 11:22 pm

Re: >:/
    This heavily supports the 'Gay Bear' theory only posited a couple of days ago.
    You know this, right?

8. seolta Says:
    June 1st, 2004 at 11:30 pm

Re: >:/
    Hah!
    I'll show you, i'll show you all. No one will think i'm soft or fragile when i take over the world and you're all my naked love slaves or whipped into working in the mines of south america to bring me sparkly stones and riches!! Mwoahahaha….

June 1st, 2004 at 11:32 pm

Re: >:/
    Um…whoa.

June 2nd, 2004 at 1:29 am

What???!!!
    you've forgotten to add elvis to your chart!!!!

June 2nd, 2004 at 2:04 am

Re: What???!!!
    He didn't come 'til later down the line, I think.
    Yes, that's Elvis, Elder of Nairne.

12. ubernacht Says:
    June 2nd, 2004 at 1:53 am

I like 'Willy'…was he the red-headed step-child?

June 2nd, 2004 at 2:03 am

You bet. As ginger as they come.
    And broke, too. But the inheritor of the line, I believe.
    Oh, like you care. 🙂

14. ubernacht Says:
    June 2nd, 2004 at 1:55 am

…and where did you get a copy of GothVisio…? That looks great. Is it Visio (so I can copy your style for my work presentations).

June 2nd, 2004 at 2:03 am

What the hell is GothVisio?

16. ubernacht Says:
    June 2nd, 2004 at 2:04 am

Visio for Goths…? The chart looks very artsy and wanted to know if you used Visio or another program.

June 2nd, 2004 at 2:08 am

Ach. Right.
    Nah, I used OmniGraffle, a Mac app that kicks ass.
    The pseudo-artistic flares are my own, baby. 🙂 Once I learn how to use it, I'm sure a much better job can be done. And perhaps exported to Keynote or PowerPoint…
    *drools*

18. ubernacht Says:
    June 2nd, 2004 at 2:10 am

OmniGraffle huh…hmm..anyway, looks good. I do visios every day for work and like the flare yours has…But I think 'VisioGoth' has more market power…especially for historical european geneology charts…:)

June 2nd, 2004 at 2:15 am

Now them there's a good idea.
    Why don't you market any of these things you come up with, man?

20. ubernacht Says:
    June 2nd, 2004 at 2:16 am

Well I did hear that 1 out of every 10 peoples are goth…a huge untapped market!