STASIS, literally.

Still no word from the National Trust as of Monday at noon. I was supposed to know by last Friday. The first meeting of the research team would be tomorrow morning, so they’d better dole out their props pretty darned soon. I spoke to the project leader on Friday evening, and he has assured me that the delay is all the Trust’s fault, as they are frantically running about trying to put together a million things at once.

So we wait, and hope for the best.

In other news, the STASIS Aberdeen venture was wonderful, and many new things shall come from it, not least of which include some fun pictures from the weekend’s festivities. Castle adventures, excellent research papers given, and quite a bit of playing with small, fuzzy kittens. It’s good to be a member…

Do forgive my stint of silence; I’m trying to hear the phone clearly. 🙂

9 Responses to “STASIS, literally.”

1. pisica Says:
    June 20th, 2004 at 9:33 pm

*crosses fingers*
    Have you done that thing where you pick up the phone really quickly just to make sure it's working? 🙂

June 20th, 2004 at 9:34 pm

Three times.
    And I'm still not entirely sure all the wires are soundly receiving.

3. pisica Says:
    June 20th, 2004 at 10:06 pm

Well, I could test the phone by calling from my mobile, but then you would have that uplifting cry of joy in your heart at the thought THEY ARE FINALLY PHONING ME!!! which would be cruelly dashed 0.0006 seconds later when you snatched up the phone and breathlessly cried 'YES I SAID YES I WILL YES' [1] and learned it was just your mischievous ol' roommate.
    So I won't. 🙂
    <small>[1] Last week was Bloomsday, so Joyce references are still okay. Says me.</small>

4. shawree Says:
    June 20th, 2004 at 10:27 pm

Sorry I never made it, but the shelves are up now. Huzzah! (We only bought them two or three months ago…)

June 21st, 2004 at 2:38 am

S'okay; sorry we missed ya, but there will surely be other times. And congrats on the shelving. Throw a book or something up there for me. In honour of me, perhaps. 🙂

6. buca Says:
    June 20th, 2004 at 11:23 pm

Working as I do for an organisation that merrily posts deadlines, then forgets to meet them, I wouldnt fret overly much that they are behind schedule…

June 21st, 2004 at 2:37 am

A good point. Still, it peeves me considering I'm sitting around the house and waiting for them. But that's the way of it, I suppose.
    *tries not to fret*
    *frets*

8. velvetdahlia Says:
    June 21st, 2004 at 6:04 am

Still sending thoughts your way! Must be aggravating to have to wait, but I bet you hear good news soon.

9. thedarkcyde Says: