PSA.

On the forecourts of French libraries from Reignac to Marseilles,
the rain rattles small cars, clouds drape over backseats.
I am a photograph in your satchel, between a paperback and cigarettes;
I am the dead bird on the gravel, neck snapped by last night’s Northwesterly.
But no peace, no closure;
no peace, no closure.
Beside these roads that halt like jetties, beneath circling murders are leafless trees,
drowning at the knees; some burnt to the fingertips, but marking the rain.
And here my tracks sink, end, return as I walked in and out of you;
and here my tracks sink, end, return as I walked in and out of you.
But no peace, no closure;
no peace, no closure.
Driving back through the town,
the road map-pinned by Pharmacy signs winking up-road;
the cars slice the afternoon with a guillotine slush
until it bleeds into a night peppered by stars and planes to Japan,
and the changing of gears jilts the cats from the walls.
The truth lives with you.
The truth lives with you.
But no peace, no closure;
no peace, no closure.

Piano Magic, from Artists’ Rifles.

This, and much more, on the new playlist just posted to Radio Perfidy.

8 Responses to “PSA.”

1. podle Says:
    April 26th, 2005 at 2:34 pm

"the cars slice the afternoon with a guillotine slush
    until it bleeds into a night peppered by stars and planes to Japan,
    and the changing of gears jilts the cats from the walls."
    This is gorgeously evocative stuff. I love it. Thank you for posting.

April 29th, 2005 at 12:13 am

I hope you get a chance to hear it someday soon.
    MUSIC TRADE!

3. inbody Says:
    April 26th, 2005 at 3:13 pm

Piano Magic
    And have you heard their new record, Disaffected? I have not.

April 29th, 2005 at 12:14 am

Re: Piano Magic
    Oh, man. I really need to raid the Piano Magic section on my next CD spree. The last piece I got from them was 'Writers Without Homes'.
    Off to Amoeba with me!

5. chaosvizier Says:
    April 27th, 2005 at 7:06 am

All the music lyrics in the world don't change the fact that you don't play the <lj user=ljdq>. You cannot hide your shame with musical ramblings. 😉

April 27th, 2005 at 1:11 pm

Whoa.
    I swear, I did not put <lj user = chaosvizier> up to this. He did it of his OWN self.

April 29th, 2005 at 12:16 am

I swear to you, if I had time to read simple things, like road signs, I would also spend some good focus on the esteemed LJDQ. Remember, Hans: I was there from the beginning. I'm simply too swamped just now.
    Keep the funnies-a-coming; you'll see me there again someday soon.

8. chaosvizier Says:
    April 29th, 2005 at 1:20 pm

For Hire: One (1) Advocate, Devil's
    Ah, I understand. The LJDQ is too far beneath you, too simple, too mundane and pedestrian, like a road sign. That, of course, is quite reasonable. We hate being a bother and an inconvenience. We only do this because the mundanes need something to give their dreary lives purpose and meaning, and we're just the mundanes to do it!