Pairs.

It was with great pleasure that I recently attended the wedding of my very dear friend, kittynitro and her very excellent new husband. Kirsten is one of the most deserving women I know, both of happiness and of kind and gentle love. I have every confidence that she’ll now surely receive it all. The ceremony was short and lovely, the festivities long and enormously celebratory, the way weddings should be. It’s always struck me that the words exchanged between the two to be wed are ancillary to the palpable love and respect felt between family and friends and the couple of honor – all the more exacerbated by freshly-made mead, a special reserve from the bride’s father. Actions *and* words of the highest caliber, for a pair of the highest caliber.

KWedding3

KWedding2

The setting was amidst the stillness of Stern Grove – an oasis of redwoods in the middle of the city.

KWedding1

Three of the many revelers present for the event: jeauxjeaux, funkyplaid, and evilfb. Does anyone in this world not have a Live Journal?

KWedding4

The dear couple again, radiant and dashing at the same time.

GrassmarketPair.

It wasn’t so long ago that we were pub-hopping together in a foreign land. This was just before the engagement, New Year’s Eve in Edinburgh, 2003-4.

Congratufarkinglations!

17 Responses to “Pairs.”

1. avalokita Says:
    July 24th, 2005 at 4:41 pm

Looks beautiful!!!

July 26th, 2005 at 12:56 am

It was! And nothing could befit them more.

3. dellaluna Says:
    July 24th, 2005 at 6:09 pm

Looks like it was a nice event. tell miss kitty kat hello whenever you see her next.

July 26th, 2005 at 12:59 am

Your name came up on more than one occasion, and Nathan/Krista and I had a nice chat about how you were introduced through Miss Kitty.

5. inkbot Says:
    July 24th, 2005 at 9:52 pm

yay! they took the plunge! doin' the happy dance for 'em!

6. pisica Says:
    July 24th, 2005 at 11:28 pm

Yay!

7. thistlelurid Says:
    July 24th, 2005 at 11:30 pm

Holy "bobsInASuit" batman………….:*)
    Oh I bet it was a lovely ceremony…..
    Ive sat alone on that bench in Stern Grove…
    thats a magical place…good for them….
    good for ALL of you!!!

July 26th, 2005 at 1:04 am

Heheh. He looks good, don't he?
    I can't believe I've never been to Stern Grove before. It's right down the street from our place and truly an oasis of tranquility in the middle of the city. Gotta go back really soon.

9. noire_blanche Says:
    July 25th, 2005 at 2:20 am

She looks like a very sweet girl and the ceremony at the park an amazingly beautiful one.
    Looking dashing, in your three piece suit! <small>Hope to talk to you again soon. I'll try to be online earlier, so as not to keep you up too late! I did feel kinda guilty about that. : /</small>

July 26th, 2005 at 1:19 am

It was indeed a good night all around.
    Thank you for your kind words! Don't fret about the interfering time difference; it ensures that that the quality of our communication more than makes up for the lack of quantity. Morning vs. evening, dawn vs. dusk…late night is my favorite time of the day. No bother at all!

11. dichroicynosure Says:
    July 25th, 2005 at 3:59 am

Wow…what a stellar place for a commitment of that magnitude to be made…was just telling my photo teacher about Muir Woods!
    P.S. Your new icon looks remarkably unlike you.

July 26th, 2005 at 1:10 am

I think I'll be going to Muir Woods again in a couple of weeks. Can't believe I'll actually be amidst nature again – it seems like it's been so long!
    P.S. Your new icon looks remarkably unlike you.
    But we've never met. How can you be so sure? Am I once again not who you thought I am?
    😉

13. spiffington Says:
    July 25th, 2005 at 4:41 am

Wonderful 🙂
    Please pass on my best to them and wish them all the happiness in the world from me.
    They make an absolutely awesome couple, mind you jsut meeting htem proved that 🙂
    It's truly great.

July 26th, 2005 at 1:13 am

Of course I'll pass on your best, and that's very kind of you.
    Been thinking about you tons lately; have wanted to text you, but they haven't gone through the last few times. Pop on and tell me how you're doing when you can scrape together the time, eh?

15. spiffington Says:
    July 27th, 2005 at 3:59 am

Hmm I hadn't realised quite how many spullinj mistooks there were in my post there. At least you understood my garbage, as ever 😉
    Course I'll get online, or write a mail or summat. You know if you can't text me, then email is always good!
    *says me the wondrous woman of words…* hmmm.
    Actually you've been making lots of trips to my flat recently too, bet you didn't know that did you? I've done a bit more to it you know and I'm displaying your bedsheets as we speak! Next, it's the walk-in-wardrobe's time for a makeover!!!!
    Mwhahahahahaha 😉

July 28th, 2005 at 1:17 am

My bedsheets?
    Don't tell me you've wallpapered the lounge with those old things?! What are you gonna put in the closet – my toenail clippings?
    😉

17. spiffington Says:
    July 28th, 2005 at 3:39 pm

No I think you'll find that in there I am breeding the dreadlock you gave me into a Darren-clone…
    *oh yes indeedy*