Two for the Price of One.

If you haven’t heard already, New Model Army is playing tomorrow night at The Independent. For the second time in a year after more than a decade’s absence, NMA will be blowing us away in a controlled, localized enviromment, perfectly attuned for maximum enjoyment. And they have a new album to proudly tout, as well.

Carnival

And if that’s not enough to entice, the opening band will fortuitously be Invisible Ballet, a powerfully catchy synth-pop outfit whose live line-up contains my dear friends from Halou, Evan from Curium, and Shawn from Bloodwire – the latter two of whom are playing together for the first time since the old days of Battery. Can those really be ‘the old’ days already?

It’s a reunion, a launch, an experiment, and a reckoning. See you there!

10 Responses to “Two for the Price of One.”

1. dougygyro Says:
    September 16th, 2005 at 2:14 pm

I'll see you there.

September 16th, 2005 at 8:45 pm

two of NMA are playing for free in the afternoon. I will forward the invite right NOW. please forward to dougy too! 🙂

September 17th, 2005 at 1:01 am

I had heard about this show. Thanks for the forward – I'll be working all day, however, and unable to make it.
    🙁

September 16th, 2005 at 9:01 pm

Who is that guy in your icon?

September 17th, 2005 at 1:00 am

No one important.
    Hairy and purple, but not important.
    Is this better?

September 17th, 2005 at 12:06 pm

I like them both. 🙂

7. no_mans_land Says:
    September 18th, 2005 at 7:58 pm

<small>i think i forgot to tell you how very much i enjoyed your mix. i'm sorry — moving has kept me occupied. i honestly loved all of your picks [and i am a music snob to the fullest. hehe.] it sounds like Moby on that Massive Attack song…is it? it's very goth rock for MA. good stuff. never heard that Barry Adamson song..i like his work on david lynch soundtracks. Mew is fun radio-friendly type stuff. i like catchy melodies. "Red Morning" is fantastic! Red Sparowes have that lovely trip hop sound i love. i am really impressed! thank you!! :D</small>

September 19th, 2005 at 12:01 am

Oh, Sarah! So glad to hear this.
    I know how you value music, and to know that you enjoyed all the songs really makes me happy.
    If you liked this stuff, do check out the bands a bit further – this was just a small sampler of what they have to offer – more accessible stuff that might pique your interest enough to bring you in closer.
    Don't know if it's Moby with Massive Attack, but I think the vocals are *hauntingly* Curtis-like. I'm very impressed with that piece.
    Tell me more as it comes to you!

9. no_mans_land Says:
    September 19th, 2005 at 4:26 pm

<small>i checked that out and the version you put on my cd actually is moby. i knew i recognized that voice! but massive attack does a cover of the song too…wonder what it sounds like.</small>

September 19th, 2005 at 7:39 pm

You're right – I downloaded the song and it was listed there as Massive Attack. I can't seem to find where to obtain their actual version, however, and the Moby version VERY much sounds like it would be something MA would do. I mean, he even uses their atmosphere and big drums. Would have never pegged him as being able to pull off those vocals – good ear!
    If you run across the MA version, do let me know.