From There to Here.

Tea&Fire

I’m finding myself particularly resistant to the time difference this time around; seems I’m missing the ol’ GMT on a systemic level, but it hasn’t interfered with the reintegration back into autumnal life nestled in San Francisco and its environs – my favorite time of year. Those three weeks across the Pond were a blessing, and I can’t wait to share more pictures and stories here, but I’ve got some catching up to do with store, label, and house just now. Sunday, however, was my treat, lounging and reflecting on what leisure time means – and how important it is to a healthy life. We don’t always entertain this enough, and we need to. I’ve learned a valuable lesson this year, which took me a long time to assimilate.

The wood is now corded for the colder seasons, which in this foggy city might well last until next winter. As with a life spent in field and farm, now is the time we reap the rewards for a year full of hard work. Glad to be home; can’t wait to return.

18 Responses to “From There to Here.”

1. anonymouseth Says:
    October 19th, 2006 at 9:21 am

scotmid fruit shortcake ?

October 19th, 2006 at 9:27 am

Tesco, my man. I can't live without them, now. Will you be my dealer?
    😉
    (btw, Corx guy has 1500 units to offer, and all my employees are 100% addicted, after one game…heheh)

3. anonymouseth Says:
    October 19th, 2006 at 10:38 am

Tesco, my man. I can't live without them, now. Will you be my dealer?
    i'm sure something can be arranged. i can take my 10% out of every packet…
    woohoo – thatsa lotta corxes. does he have any of the exra bits – like the sushi table or grand master beam ? or are you gonna be whittling some out of cheese – sorry – trees.

October 20th, 2006 at 12:14 am

I'm gettin' a sushi table with my first order, but I don't think he has any beams, dangit. Clever cheese comment, that one. If it lasted more than a day without getting rank, you know I'd be on it like a fly on poop.
    You can take 10% of the fundage as long as you don't take 10% of the bakey, fruity goodness. 🙂

5. gingiber Says:
    October 19th, 2006 at 9:36 am

hee hee corx rule. As do scotmid fruit shotckae biscuits, as they are vegan – hurrah.

October 20th, 2006 at 12:16 am

And together they can easily waste a whole afternoon! Mind you, both of these lovely things are completely your (and Seth's) fault. How easily I'm addicted!

7. podle Says:
    October 19th, 2006 at 1:23 pm

Welcome home and here's to fall (insert nice comfy clinking of tea mugs here)!

October 20th, 2006 at 12:17 am

Dood, my mug will totally kick your mug's ass. TEAFIGHT: at mine or yours – and when?

9. podle Says:
    October 20th, 2006 at 7:22 am

You are clearly unaware of the sheer might of my mug's ass. Wait, that didn't sound quite right.
    YES TO TEAFIGHT!!! I'll bring delicious tea things if we can have it at your place because my place is all tiny and stuff (and lacks a fireplace). Weekend after this? Eh?

October 22nd, 2006 at 1:20 am

HAHAHAHAI'll mail you soon and we'll get something sorted. My place is certainly open.

11. avalokita Says:
    October 19th, 2006 at 6:12 pm

Looks like my kind of winter afternoon.

October 20th, 2006 at 12:15 am

You can have some of it, as long as I do, as well. 😉

13. handworn Says:
    October 20th, 2006 at 8:54 am

Mmm. Nice picture, man.

October 22nd, 2006 at 5:56 pm

Tag! I'd love to see your exemplification of a perfect relaxation day…

October 22nd, 2006 at 11:36 am

Hey Darren its Blogless Mo!
    Am I permitted to make this picture my screensaver? It has all my favourite things in it, the real fire, the biccies and the dragonfly mug I used all the time when we visited….ahhh…
    Oh and you never did try the Sainsburys raspberry and coconut cookies – I'll fix you up with a stash x

October 22nd, 2006 at 5:59 pm

MO! MO! Time to get that journal, MO! 🙂
    I shall send you a larger version of the picture and you can use it for whatever you like! Yes, the mug is forever yours and will be reserved from further use until you get back here to enjoy it.
    You're right – we stuffed ourselves so full of everything else that we never did dig into the special cookies. I resent you trying to fatten me up, but I'm loving the process!
    Xo.

17. thistlelurid Says:
    October 30th, 2006 at 12:50 am

someone needs a chimney sweep….STAT!

October 30th, 2006 at 10:05 am

Can't do it…it's where I hide the bodies.