Vegetable Death!

As is our way ‘round these here parts, we like to honor the Hallowe’en ghosts and spirits by flinging gooey pumpkin guts all around the house, and we’d most certainly love for you to join us. This year, Dougy, Astrida, and I will be rolling out the plastic tarps for some veggie-mashing fun at la manse; we’ll light up the old hearth and crack open some nice refreshments as Torgi runs for his furry life in the wake of seeds the size of his eyeballs getting shot through straws at unholy speeds. After all, we need something for the local neighborhood kids to smash next week, just before they disingenuously ask us for free candy. Get a real costume, you little bastards. Dressing up like 50 Cent doesn’t count.

PUMPKINS, THE END IS NIGH!

This Friday, October 27th @ 8:00 pm
Le Chateau de Woe
If you don’t know the address, mail me at funkyplaid at mac dot com and we’ll give you the secret location.
Show up, bring a pumpkin, something to carve it with, and something to sip or chew on. We’ll be there, waiting, wringing our hands, with some snacks, drinks, and more than one warm greeting for the coming of autumn, Samhain…and you.

Pumpkin2

11 Responses to “Vegetable Death!”

1. marasca Says:
    October 24th, 2006 at 4:47 am

Bwahahaha! Funniest post I've read in ages. That green Jack o' lantern is pretty cool. Maybe I should try carving a kabocha after all. They're a little small, but I bet it would be cute.

October 24th, 2006 at 9:46 am

That green Jack o' lantern is pretty cool.
    Um, that's a black Jack, honey. But it doesn't matter. It dies like the rest of them. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!

3. hermiston Says:
    October 24th, 2006 at 8:27 am

superb picture

4. dichroicynosure Says:
    October 24th, 2006 at 10:32 am

whose Jack is that? Did you carve that?

October 26th, 2006 at 11:30 pm

Oh, lord no. Do you think I have that kind of motivation or energy?

6. scotis_man Says:
    October 25th, 2006 at 11:07 am

Unfortunately, by 8, our little one is supposed to be asleep. We will have to pass. 🙁 Would love to get together at a time when little one can meet you, especially now that whe is speaking in sentences. (Some of them even understandable.)

October 26th, 2006 at 11:38 pm

I would like this very much.

8. scotis_man Says:
    October 26th, 2006 at 11:54 pm

Actually, it looks like Bea will be at her grandmother's house for the weekend, so we MAY show up. We will have to see.

9. podle Says:
    October 26th, 2006 at 9:12 am

Thank you for the invite but I suspect that vegasjohnny and I will be at home curled up on the couch. Also, we've got a pumpkin carving date with friends on Sunday (I'm so excited – its been *years* since I've done this).
    It was really wonderful seeing you last Sunday!
    (I've begun secret martial arts training for my tea mug – we're so gonna kick your bootie.)

October 26th, 2006 at 11:40 pm

Tremendously wonderful. We have much to do still, you fascist pig. 😉
    It's your tea-fu versus my fook-yoo. Who do you think will really win this?

11. podle Says:
    October 27th, 2006 at 7:51 am

I'm *still* laughing over that. Thank you for reminding me!
    Who do I think will really win this? Frankly I think we'll both win, not to mention enriching the world immeasurably. (Although I feel compelled to mension that my tea-fu is strong.)