It’s Coming.

Obama

This is what change feels like, and many of us, all throughout the world, are breathing a sigh of relief. A friend told me he felt like handcuffs were coming off for the first time in eight years. It’s the first time in my life that I have earnest hope for the future of our country; we’ve been sliding backward for so, so long.

I told the guys at work months ago that if he got in, I’d be literally dancing in the street. After a very special bottle of Kosta Browne Pinot with the ‘Sted, I’ll be doing just that.

Now, let’s not let our focus and interest and momentum end here; let’s not let our movement calm, not for a second.

9 Responses to “It’s Coming.”

1. skullculture Says:
    November 4th, 2008 at 8:20 pm

Congratulations 🙂

2. sharck Says:
    November 4th, 2008 at 9:15 pm

3. nanaminako Says:
    November 4th, 2008 at 9:18 pm

YAY!!!!!

4. catness Says:
    November 4th, 2008 at 9:31 pm

Awwwwwwwww, yeah!

5. anonymouseth Says:
    November 5th, 2008 at 2:43 am

what with all those internets and pixels going to waste every day, and your 2-jesusphone lifestyle, there is absolutely no excuse why video of your homage to jagger and bowie shouldn't make it to flickr or youtube, preferably streamed live.
    you have a duty…
    congrats on the 'lection result. here's hoping your country doesn't do the same as ours when the 'good guys' get into power. when labour first won here, everyone went 'yay!' .. then after a while they went '…oh.' .. and then 'what the fuck?' .. and then 'no fucking WAY!' .. and then it continued to slide downhill…

November 5th, 2008 at 2:56 am

Try out this phrase:

President-elect Obama!

I’m giddy!!!!!

7. alison_ella Says:
    November 5th, 2008 at 3:47 am

Whoo Hoo!!
    And I would like to see this dance!

8. hannah_henchman Says:
    November 6th, 2008 at 4:40 am

I would have PAID to see your dance in the streets!
    I danced, yelled, clapped, laughed and cried…WE DID IT!!!
    The idea still won't fully sink in.
    But hopefully I'll be posting my own "holy crap" election day post soon. Yesterday I was too busy nursing the victory hangover of doom. *L*
    **Now, let's not let our focus and interest and momentum end here; let's not let our movement calm, not for a second.
    That's what I'm sayin'! I know I have plans in the works to continue it in my area. I'm hoping that lots of folks are thinking like you and I.
    Election day wasn't an ending; It was a beginning.
    *big victory hugs*
    –Edit: And since you don't check LJ much, here's the video of our election night…well, part of it.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GNe2-bKiinI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GNe2-bKiinI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

November 17th, 2008 at 8:13 pm

Thank you very much for this, Rachel. In and amidst all the madness and drunk-dialing in that film, I was again moved and hopeful and excited for what's finally happened in this country. This clip was a fabulous retrospective of the historic moment.
    I'm trying to be a good boy and catch up on peoples' lives in LJ-land; please forgive me if I don't get a chance to comment on each, but I'm certainly hovering with great interest.
    And congrats to you for doing this; for recording it and for making waves. It helped.